Receive exclusive specials,

and the FREE Perillo Traveler Magazine in your email!

In Italy (and Europe in general), the frequency of electricity is 220 volts while in the U.S. it is 110 volts. The sockets are also a different size. For devices like your cell phone or computer, you may just need a plug adapter. An adapter doesn’t change voltage but allows a dual-voltage appliance to be plugged into the wall outlet of another country. You want to make sure with the manufacturer that your device is indeed dual-voltage. If not, you will need a bulkier transformer to actually transform the voltage. 

And leave your hair dryer at home. Nearly every hotel or villa rental has an Italian one you can use.