Price: Starting at $85.36 pp.
Duration: 3.5 hours, 2:30pm - 6pm
*This tour operates daily from April to October.
This tour operates only on Sun, Wed, Fri & Sat in November and December.
Peel back the layers of history as you discover imperial and early Christian Rome via the Eternal city’s underground burial chambers, its long winding catacombs and its crypts. This tour provides an exclusive viewing of The Cappuccini Crypt (chapel decorated entirely by human bones), Domitilla or San Callisto Catacombs (ancient Christian burial ground) and the Church of San Clemente (built over an ancient fourth century church built over an even older Roman house containing Christian artifacts and a pagan temple with ruins reaching 57 feet deep).
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- All transfers in an air conditioned bus
- Entrance ticket to the Capuchin Crypt and Museum
- Entrance ticket to the Catacombs
- Entrance ticket to the church and undergrounds of San Clemente
- English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends around 6pm at Piazza Barberini or Piazza della Repubblica, depending on the itinerary.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Group of 25 people or less.