10 Day Food & Wine Biking Tour in Puglia (Self-guided) 2018
10 Days / 8 Nights
Starting at $2247 PP (Land Rate)
One of the most magical areas of Italy is the Salento, the so-called heel of the boot in the region of Puglia. Blessed by natural beauty as well as cultural treasures, the Salento is filled with layers of history from all of the civilizations who lived here, from the Messapii to the Greeks, followed by the Romans and then the Normans.
The best way to explore the Salento – which is relatively flat and uncrowded - is by bicycle. It is like cycling through an open-air museum filled with natural wonders, Byzantine shrines hidden in the caves, Baroque cathedrals, secluded coastal corners. The Salento offers some of Italy’s freshest bounty of seafood and vegetables as well as celebrated wine and olive oil.
On this 10-day self-guided food and wine biking tour, you will cycle up to 30 miles per day (about three hours of leisurely cycling), mainly crossing secondary roads, with sea breaks. GPS Maps will guide you through the best routes. Your overnight stays will be in charming B&Bs or boutique guesthouses and dinners in the best restaurants to let you enjoy a comfortable and mouthwatering vacation.
- 8 nights in B&Bs and farmhouses
- Breakfast daily
- 5 dinners (drinks included)
- 4 tastings of wine, cheese and local products
- Bike rental for 7 days
- Baggage transportation
- GPS navigator with tracks included
- Road book with cultural information and tips about the route
- 24-hour assistance
- Round trip private transfer Bari airport to Lecce
- Flights to/from your home city
- Meals where not mentioned
- City Tax
- Entrance fees
- Travel Insurance (strongly recommended)
Dates & RatesSelect a Departure Date