Duration: 8 hours
Mount Etna is one of the world's most active volcanoes and one of the Europe's highest volcanoes. It has more than 400 craters, spread all over the Catania county. To the ancient Greeks, Mt. Etna was the realm of Vulcan, god of fire, and the home of the one-eyed monster known as the Cyclops.
You will be taken to the South side of the Etna National Park at 6300ft by your private driver. Here you can see the newest lava flows and craters from the 2001/2003 eruptions. Then continue onto a winery for a wine tasting with snacks and Taormina for a visit of the town on your own.
Exact time will be provided in final documents. Pick up at your hotel.
- Private English-speaking driver at disposal for 8 hours
- Wine tasting with snacks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees: Greek Theater in Taormina - 8 euros per person
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- From March to May and from October to November: please bring a winter coat and wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots; From June to September: please bring a light jacket and wear layered clothing. Bring also sun screen, sun glasses and a hat.
- Due to the length of this tour you won't be able to take a cable car to the top of the volcano.