Price: Starting at $247.42 pp.
Availability: Mon, Thu & Sat at 8:05am*
Duration: 11.5 hours, 8:05am – 7:35pm
*This tour operates from 4/1/2019 to 11/17/2019 and from 4/1/2020 to 11/15/2020.
Enjoy a perfect day in Venice from Florence by high-speed train. Upon arrival at the Venice train station, your assistant will take you to the water for a panoramic cruise on board of a private water taxi. Once at the Rialto Bridge you will meet your expert local guide, who will unveil the Floating City’s most sought after sights, enjoying Skip-the-Line Access to spectacular St. Mark’s Basilica, with its onion-shaped domes and dazzling mosaics, as well as Special Access to the Basilica’s terraces for a rare bird’s eye view of St. Mark’s Square.
Then, you will have about 3 hours to enjoy Venice independently. Your guide will offer local advice on the best restaurants you can try for lunch, or you may want to sample the famous cicchetti: similar to tapas these are best enjoyed with a glass of Prosecco.
After your free time, you will be free to either take a vaporetto to come back to the train station, or just walk. Then, board the speed train for your return to Florence.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Round trip high-speed train tickets Florence-Venice
- Water Taxi experience on Grand Canal
- English speaking guide
- Skip the Line Access to St. Mark’s Basilica and terraces
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This service ends at Florence Santa Maria Novella train station.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. St. Mark’s Basilica specifically prohibits large bags, umbrellas, and tripods. These items must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site, so you may miss a portion of the tour to do so.
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Please note that kids between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat in the train.
- Group of 25 people or less.