Duration: 3 hours, 9am - 12pm
*This tour operates from March to December.
Join a small group on a fun, informative, and tasty tour of Venice. This guided walk is a perfect introduction to Venice’s art, history, and food scene. Plus, enjoy a shared gondola ride to see Venice from the water!
Start your day like Italians do with a delicious breakfast at a local café including an espresso or cappuccino and a pastry. Follow your guide through the mysterious cobble stoned streets and bridges, and admire the most beautiful sights and the sumptuous palaces including St. Mark’s square, the Venetian-Byzantine St. Mark’s Basilica (from outside only), the gothic Doge’s Palace (from outside only) and the hauntingly Bridge of Sigh. Then, step on the iconic Rialto Bridge and visit the Rialto fish market. Along the way you will stop at local shops for a tasting of the traditional “Cicchetti” (Venetian tapas).
At the end of the tour, go for a ride on a real Venetian gondola. These light, flat bottomed rowing boats around since the 11th century will take you on a one-of-a kind ride through the canals of Venice!
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- English-speaking guide
- Food tastings
- 30-minute shared gondola ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Unfortunately, due to the particular kind of appetizers served in Venice’s typical wine bars, they cannot meet special dietary requirements, such as gluten-free, vegan, etc.
- Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Group of 10 people or less.