Availability: Mon, Thu, Fri & Sat*
Duration: 2 hours, 10:15am - 12:15pm
*This tour operates on Mon, Thu, Fri & Sat from 3/29 to 9/30.
This tour operates at 10:15am only on Saturdays from 1/1 to 3/28 and from 10/1 to 12/31.
Fun for the whole family! This is the only group Vatican Museums tour designed by a childhood education specialist specifically for families with younger children of around 7-12 years of age.
On this fantastic 2-hour guided visit with skip the line access you'll see the Pope-mobile, the wonders of ancient Egypt, the Gallery of Maps and trace Michelangelo's inspiration through the Vatican's original collection that led to some of the most important figures in the Sistine Chapel ceiling and Last Judgment frescoes. You'll discover that even geniuses have their limits when you see what Michelangelo thought a whale looked like!
After the tour ends inside the majesty of the Sistine Chapel, your guide will show you and your family where to gain direct Skip the Line access to St. Peter's Basilica, which you will be able to explore on your own at your own pace.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- No Wait Access and fees into the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends outside St. Peter’s Basilica at around 12:15pm or 4:30pm.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. ItalyVacations cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Group of 20 people or less.