Price: Starting at $176.36 pp.
Availability: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat*
Duration: 5 hrs, 7:10am - 12:10pm
*This tour operates from 4/1/2020 to 10/24/2020.
Enjoy an exclusive tour of Vatican City including a delicious breakfast at Vatican’s Pinecone courtyard and early entrance to the Vatican Museums, avoiding all crowds!
First, you will savor a rich American breakfast buffet in the Vatican Cafeteria, delighting in everything from croissants to muffins, eggs-made-to-order to pancakes, fresh fruits and jams to cereals and cookies, from espresso and American coffee to fresh juices and teas.
Then, you’ll hop on to a comfortably shaded open-air private coach and enjoy a 45-minute ride through the hidden parts of Vatican State, just recently opened to the public, while your guide will entertain you with historical anecdotes and intriguing facts. Be among the few, most privileged, to see Vatican railway station, the giant Year-2000 Jubilee bell, the stunning meditation gardens in use by popes since 1279, and the Pope’s private heliport which Roman Pontiffs use regularly for pastoral passages.
At last, you will visit the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica.
Admire time-honored tapestries, precious relics, ancient sculptures, intricate oil. Behold the Raphael Rooms and the famous characters modeled in the School of Athens. Stand before the Sistine Chapel and marvel at Michelangelo’s mastery. Be amazed by the magnificient St. Peter’s Basilica and the world-renowned altar, Michelangelo’s ‘Pieta”.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- American buffet breakfast
- 45-minute Vatican City bus tour including Vatican gardens
- No Wait Access to Vatican Museums with entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Entrance to the Sistine Chapel
- English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. ItalyVacations cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- On some religious festivities, the bus tour itinerary might change, and the gardens might no be accessible by bus.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour.