Duration: 2 hours; 5pm - 7pm
*This tour operates from May to September.
Experience the Colosseum without the crowds and see a spectacular view of the Roman Forum.
Your tour begins at the Trajan's Column and you'll pass through Via dei Fori Imperiali overlooking the Roman Forum. You’ll hear about the birth of Rome and the exploits of emperors who took turns building the empire up and tearing it down.
After the Forum, your guide will lead you to the crown jewel of Rome: the Colosseum. You’ll enter after the Colosseum has closed to the public when this ancient amphitheater is at its most quiet. With an expert, English-speaking guide on hand, you’ll explore restricted areas usually closed to the public.
You will hear the tales that bring the amphitheater to life and admire the most recent discovery of graffiti representing people’s names, dates, sacred and profane symbols illustrating stories about people who lived, worked and hung out at Colosseum.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Entrance fees and skip the line access to the Colosseum
- Special Access to the Colosseum arena floor areas after closing time and without the crowds
- English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour ends at the Colosseum.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, the guide will offer an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
- Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no coatrooms at the Colosseum.
- Due to venue regulations kids under 6 years old are not allowed on this tour.
- Group of 20 people or less.