Price: Starting at $157.15 pp.
Availability: Sun, Tue & Thu*
Duration: 12 hours, 7:30am - 7:30pm
*This tour operates on Sun & Thu from 1/2 to 2/28.
This tour operates on Sun, Tue & Thu from 3/1 to 3/27.
This tour does NOT operate from 3/28 to 11/14. As alternative see Pompeii & Vesuvius.
This tour operates on Thu & Sat from 11/15 to 12/31.
In the morning, transfer from Rome to Pompeii (approx. 2.5 hrs). Tour the ill-fated city, walking the streets and witnessing first hand the startling plaster death casts of the volcano's victims and explore examples of every building from homes to bath houses, fast food stores to outdoor theaters.
Next, take a break for lunch on your own. You will also have some free time to walk around the Naples city center, to take in the atmosphere of this buzzing city, with its iconic Castle Nuovo, also called Maschio Angioino, one of the symbols of the city, the famous Umberto I Gallery, an art deco masterpiece of glass and iron, the monumental Plebiscito Square, where you may want to savor an authentic Neapolitan coffee or some of the delicious local pastries, while watching the world go by.
Once the tour is over, take the transfer back to Rome, to the tour's original meeting point.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- All transportation
- English-speaking tour leader for the day
- English-speaking guide in Pompeii
- Entrance ticket & reservation fees for Pompeii
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends around 7:30pm in Viale Washington near the square Piazza del Popolo in Rome.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
- Group of 25 people or less.