Price: Starting at $155.87 pp.
Availability: Daily at 7:30am*
Duration: 12 hours, 7:30am - 7:30pm
*This tour operates daily from in March.
This tour operates only on Thursdays and Saturdays from 11/18/2019 to 12/15/2019, from 1/7/2020 to 2/29/2020 and 11/16/2020 to 12/13/2020.
This tour operates only on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 12/16/2019 to 12/31/2019, from 1/2/2020 to 1/6/2020 and from 12/14/2020 to 12/31/2020.
In the morning, transfer from Rome to Pompeii(appx. 2.5 hrs). Tour the ill-fated city, walking the streets and witnessing first hand the startling plaster death casts of the volcano's victims and explore examples of every building from homes to bath houses, fast food stores to outdoor theaters.
Next, take a break for a leisurely lunch of authentic pizza.
You will also have some free time to walk around the Naples city centre, to take in the atmosphere of this buzzing city, with its iconic Castle Nuovo, also called Maschio Angioino, one of the symbols of the city, the famous Umberto I Gallery, an art deco masterpiece of glass and iron, the monumental Plebiscito Square, where you may want to savour an authentic Neapolitan coffee or some of the delicious local pastries, while watching the world go by.
Once the tour is over, take the transfer back to Rome, to the tour's original meeting point.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- All transportation
- English-speaking tour leader for the day
- English-speaking guide in Pompeii
- Entrance ticket & reservation fees for Pompeii
- Lunch (includes Traditional Neapolitan Pizza & a drink of choice)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends around 7:30pm in Viale Washington near the square Piazza del Popolo in Rome.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
- Group of 25 people or less.