Availability: Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun*
Duration: 10 hours, 9:15am - 7:15pm
*This tour operates from 3/15/2020 to 10/31/2020.
On this full day tour you will discover the "pearls" of the central lake area, visit some of the most famous waterfront villas and taste delicious local products.
You will be picked up at your hotel in Como and transferred to the meeting point in Varenna for the Group - Highlights of Lake Como tour.
The tour will start with a trip to a fascinating ancient mill on the hills above Varenna where you will be offered a tasting of olive oil, cheese, cold cuts and wine. Then, it will continue with a guided walking tour of Varenna with its Celtic origins and steep alleys.
Lunch will be served in a lakefront restaurant where you will sample typical freshwater fish starters and delicious pasta (a non-fish menu will also be available).
An unforgettable tour by a local water taxi will give you the opportunity to relax in the afternoon admiring the spectacular mountains, the superb villas, and the beautiful gardens decorated with marble statues and exotic plants.
You will disembark at Villa del Balbianello for a guided visit, a real gem not to be missed, stunning shooting location for some famous movies such as “Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones” and “Casino Royale”.
At last, cruise onward to Bellagio where you will be guided through the wonderful Villa Melzi gardens, followed by a stroll along the lakeside. The tour will end at approximately 5:30pm in Bellagio.
Once the tour is over in Bellagio, you will have some time to explore the town on your own and then you will be met by your driver in Bellagio and transferred back to Como.
Exact time will be provided in final documents. Pick up at your hotel.
- Round Trip Transfer: Como hotel-Varenna-Como hotel
- English-speaking guide
- Tasting of local products
- 2-course Lunch with water and one glass of wine
- Cruise on Lake Como by private motorboat
- Entrance fees to Villa del Balbianello and Villa Melzi
- Gratuities (optional)
- Please inform us in advance of any special dietary requirements.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking. The trail to the mill for the morning tasting entails a descent with some steep steps which must also be ascended on the return trip. Please make sure you are physically adapt and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The tour runs rain or shine. In case of bad weather conditions it is possible that the tour undergoes some slight changes and that the transfer to Villa Balbianello is done by public boat instead of the private boat due to safety reasons.