Price: Starting at $116.73 pp.
Availability: Monday - Saturday*
Duration: 4.5 hours, 8am - 12:30pm
*This tour operates Monday - Saturday from 3/4/2019 to 11/17/2019 and from 3/1/2020 to 11/15/2020.
This tour operates only on Mondays, Thursdyas, Fridays and Saturdays from 11/18/2019 to 12/31/2019, from 1/1/2020 to 2/29/2020 and from 11/16/2020 to 12/31/2020.
Visit the rooms that are covered by the basic Vatican Museums tour plus the Bramante Staircase, and the Vatican Pinacoteca.
The Vatican Museums are home to over nine miles of art, much of which is never seen by the general public, either for timing or access reasons.
This special No Wait Access tour crosses velvet ropes to gain rare access to the famous Bramante Staircase, a dizzying spiral of carved stone built in 1512 inside a square tower. It once bore the weight of horses, but few ever set foot on it these days, making this visit particularly special.
A sure highlight of the tour will be the beautiful paintings of the Vatican Pinacoteca painting gallery, including Raphael’s ‘Transfiguration’, Caravaggio’s ‘Deposition from the Cross’ and Leonardo Da Vinci’s unfinished ‘St. Jerome in the Wilderness’.
On top of that we’ll visit all the general access rooms covered in the basic Vatican Museums tour, from the Pinecone Courtyard to the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of the Maps, the Gallery of the Candelabra and a highlight of any tour – the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel.
The last stop on the extended tour is St. Peter’s Basilica. Every day but Wednesday (when the Papal Audience takes place and the Basilica is closed) you’ll have a guided tour inside this colossal building – one of the most important in all of Christianity and home to Michelangelo’s famous sculpture, ‘La Pieta’.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- No Wait Access and fees into the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square at around 12:30pm. On most Wednesdays, when the Basilica is closed, the tour ends at the Vatican Museums entrance.
- On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter’s Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. ItalyVacations cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- As the paintings in the Pinacoteca are world-famous masterpieces, they are often loaned out to other galleries for special exhibitions. For this reason we cannot guarantee that all of the listed works will always be on display in the Pinacoteca Art Gallery when we visit.
- Group of 20 people or less.