Price: Starting at $62.17 pp.
Availability: Mon, Wed, Thu & Fri at 6pm*
Duration: 2.5 hours; 6pm - 8:30pm
*This tour operates on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays May-August.
This tour operates only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in April, September and October (ends on 10/26/19 and ends on 10/24/2020).
The tour begins by exploring the Jewish Quarter in the Cannaregio district, a less frequented area that the Venetians refer to as being the most authentic. The Jewish Quarter was the first of its kind in the world and served as inspiration for Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice. It is still an active center for the Jewish community, and the surrounding alleyways, bridges and canals have maintained their unique identity throughout the ages.
Then you'll experience three authentic Venetian wine bars, sought out by locals for their lively post-work atmosphere, perfect for meeting friends when the silver light of evening is at its best. Savor several of Venice’s bite-size versions of local delicacies called cicchetti – similar to tapas but unique to Venice. Enhance each tasting with a glass of local wine, accompanied by explanations and tips from your expert local guide.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Food tastings
- Tasting of 3 wines
- English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This tour ends around 8:30pm near Campo della Maddalena
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Unfortunately, due to the particular kind of appetizers served in Venice’s typical wine bars, they cannot meet special dietary requirements, such as gluten-free, vegan, etc.
- Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Group of 12 people or less.