Availability: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat at 8:30am OR Sun at 1pm*
Duration: 2.25 hours, 8:30am - 10:45am OR 1ap – 3:15pm
*The AM tour operates on Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat from April to October.
The AM tour operates on Fri & Sat only in November and December.
The PM tour operates from April to December.
Enjoy a tour of the most famous sites in Venice: the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica. Once home to the Duke of Venice and the city’s courts, the Doge's Palace features the very best and the very worst of Venice’s history – from vast paintings by Tintoretto and Veronese to the wooden slot where accusations of treason were slipped to the fearsome Secret Police.
Next you will admire the heart of Venice – St. Mark’s Square, once pronounced the “finest drawing room in all of Europe” by Napoleon. Marvel at the diversity of Venetian culture, where eastern architecture and western design have blended to create a structure with an onion dome, before following your guide through the beautiful frescoes inside the basilica.
After the tour, at your own expense, you can also get the chance to climb up to the first floor terraces, which offer beautiful views over the piazza, photo opportunities and some down time to soak up everything you have learned on your tour.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- English-speaking guide
- Skip the line Access and entrance ticket to the Doge’s Palace and St. Marks' Basilica
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Terrace tickets
- This tour ends at St. Marks' Basilica.
- Please note that many sections of the Doge’s Palace are not air-conditioned (as A/C is not standard practice in Italy).
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and steep staircases. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Group of 25 people or less.