Duration: 7.5 hours, 10am - 5:30pm
*This tour operates all year round.
Take Venice all in - in one day! From a 30-minute gondola and a walking tour through the narrow alleys to a visit to the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica, your day will pack with all the must-do and must-see in Venice.
Enjoy a shared gondola ride to see Venice from the water. Then, learn about the history and culture of this floating city as you walk from picturesque piazzas to its most famous sights including the Rialto Bridge, St. Mark’s square and the Bell Tower.
Take a short break for lunch on your own and then meet up with the group again to visit the most important political and religious landmarks of Venice: the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica.
Once home to the Duke of Venice and the city’s courts, the Doge's Palace features the very best and the very worst of Venice’s history – from vast paintings by Tintoretto and Veronese to the wooden slot where accusations of treason were slipped to the fearsome Secret Police.
Then, walk on the famous Bridge of Sighs and learn the story behind the origin of its name. Enter the majestic St. Mark's Basilica and admire this astonishing church that boasts a profusion of polychrome domes, walls clad in marbles and glittering ceiling mosaics, many made with 24-carat gold leaf.
End your visit on a high note reaching its panoramic terrace to admire St. Mark's square from above.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- English-speaking guide at disposal for 7 hours
- A 30-minute gondola ride
- Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- Group of 12 people or less.