Availability: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sat at 7:30am*
Duration: 13.5 hours, 7:30am – 9pm
*This tour operates from April to October (10/24), 2020.
Experience the magic of the Cinque Terre and Portovenere from Milan in a single day, and find out why UNESCO has declared this magnificent region a World Heritage Site. The scenery will leave you breathless, as you enjoy an amazing boat tour and even have a chance for a dip in the sea or a hiking experience.
The day begins with a transfer on a comfortable private coach from Milan to La Spezia, during which your guide will provide captivating commentary on local points of interest.
Once in La Spezia, a ferry will take you across the 'Gulf of Poets' to the enchanting seaside town of Portovenere, famous for its tall pastel-colored houses and evocative views from the ruins of Doria Castle, where you will have free time to explore.
From here you will embark on a mesmerizing cruise up the coastline to the Cinque Terre, where the landscape is dominated by dramatic green hills that plummet into crystalline waters. You will be dropped off in Monterosso (one of the five towns) to enjoy a pleasant break from the tour and try local flavors, such as the gluten-free chickpea flour farinata, or mussels with Cinque Terre DOC white wine. There is also an optional hike to the Capuchin Monastery on a summit that stands over beautiful rooftops, terraced vineyards and the sea. Beach lovers will want to make sure to bring their swimsuit, as the sand and emerald water will beckon.
At last, you'll hop on the boat for your last stop in Manarola, which is considered the oldest of the 5 towns, famous for its picture-perfect, colorful houses.
Please note that you will only visit two of the five towns (Manarola and Monterosso al Mare).
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Round-trip transport from Milan in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Public boat tickets
- Free time in Portovenere, Monterosso and Manarola
- 2-hour boat cruise
- 45-min optional light hike with tour leader
- Tour leader
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- The tour will end around 9pm at the Porta Garibaldi train station in Milan.
- We will do our best to make sure your trip includes all the sites as per description, however please note that itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.
- In case of bad weather conditions, the boat might not be able to sail. In such occasions, the itinerary will be different and will be operating by rail. We will not visit Portovenere (since it is only reachable by boat) but will include instead Riomaggiore.
- Please note that the boat journey of the Cinque Terre might occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend brining a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- Group of 25 people or less.