Price: Starting at $81.20 pp.
Availability: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat at 9am and Sun at 1:30pm*
Duration: 3 hours, 9am - 12pm or 1:30pm - 4:30pm
*The AM tour operates on Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sat at 9am from April to October and only on Fri & Sat from 11/1/2020 to 11/15/2020.
The PM tour operates on Sundays at 1:30pm from April to November (11/15).
Learn about the history and culture of Venice on this walking tour, specially designed to give you an insight into the city, from picturesque piazzas to its most famous sights such as Rialto Bridge, Bridge of Sighs (from outside) and St. Mark’s Basilica.
This tour also includes a visit to the famous terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica where you will enjoy beautiful views over the piazza and some down-time to soak up everything you have learned on your guided tour.
Plus, you'll visit the quieter side of the Grand Canal and explore the back canals of the city on a shared gondola ride with a real local "gondoliere".
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
Please note that on May 15 St. Mark Basilica will be closed due to Pentecost. An extended tour of the city will be given instead.
- English-speaking guide for the walking portion of the tour
- Skip the Line Access to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica
- 30 minute shared gondola ride (mixed group of up to 6 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends at the Dogana Gondola Station, located on the Grand Canal, a few minutes away from St. Mark’s square.
- Please do not bring large bags, tripods, non-collapsible umbrellas, or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour; however, photography is prohibited in St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- St. Mark's Basilica is subject to closure without notice. When this occurs, an extended tour of St. Mark’s Square and an explanation of the basilica from outside will be offered.
- Group of 24 people or less.