Price: Starting at $283.29 pp.
Availability: Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri at 7:15am*
Duration: 12 hours, 7:15am – 7:15pm
*This tour operates from 4/1/2019 to 10/26/2019.
This tour operates only on Mondays and Saturdays from 10/27/2019 to 11/17/2019.
The tour will start at Termini Train Station where your assistant will provide you with train tickets and take care of all seating arrangements, and will let you relax and enjoy the ride. Throughout your one-hour trip to Naples, you will be treated to Italy’s spectacular scenery in the comfort of the air-conditioned, high-speed train.
Once in Naples, you will be welcomed by your local guide who will stay with you for the rest of the day. After a short private coach transfer you will reach Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of the world-famous ruins.
After a short coffee break or local souvenir shopping, you will continue on to Sorrento, where your local guide will provide tips and suggestions to help you get the most out of your free time there. Have a delicious lunch and experience the local cuisine, do some shopping for hand-made sandals and artisanal products in the city’s beautiful ancient alleys, or take time to relax among the picturesque panoramic gardens. Then rejoin the group as your guide escorts you to one of Sorrento’s oldest shops for a delectable taste of Southern Italy’s most renowned Limoncello liqueur. While there, you will learn how this famous lemony libation is produced as well as the local ingredients that make it so unique.
In the afternoon, the coach will take you to the train station where your guide will once again take care of all seating arrangements to ensure you will have a comfortable, safe and relaxing trip back to Rome.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Round trip high-speed train tickets from Rome to Naples
- Transportation from Naples to Pompeii, Pompeii to Sorrento, Sorrento to Naples
- English-speaking guide in Pompeii and Sorrento
- Pompeii entrance fees
- Limoncello tasting
- Assistance at Rome and Naples train stations
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This tour ends around 7:15pm at Termini Train Station.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.