Price: Starting at $63.81 pp.
Availability: Daily at 3pm and 6pm*
Duration: 3 hrs, 3pm - 6pm and 6pm - 9pm
*This tour operates daily at 3pm from 3/18/2019 to 10/31/2019.
This tour operates daily 6pm from 3/1/2019 to 10/31/2019.
This tour operates at 6pm MON-SAT from 11/1/2019 to 2/29/2020.
Learn how to make authentic, Italian Pizza and Gelato – a fun cooking class for kids too!
Under the guidance of a professional pizza chef, called a Pizzaiolo, you will make your own pizza - stretch it, sauce it, bake it, slice it. The chef will teach you the key techniques in making a soft and flexible dough and the trick for a flavorful yet light tomato sauce so you can make this pizza at home!
After pizza it’s time for Gelato. The chef will explain why the gelato is the Italy's favorite dessert and will give insight to the 'gelato culture' that continues to grow. Learn the basic raw ingredients, how to select the best products available according to specific principles, development and application of natural colors, the heating and freezing techniques and how they have different effects on the ingredients.
Then enjoy a presentation and tasting of some of the flavors used in gelato making!
This activity is strongly recommended for families that wish to have children to learn about the Italian culture, an easy and fun experience that will last forever in their memory.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Pizza and Gelato lesson with Chef
- All ingredients for pizza and gelato making
- Dinner with Wine Tasting (soft drinks for children)
- Graduation Certificate
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Tour ends at the cooking school in San Lorenzo district (Via Panicale, 43R).
- This tour includes a short walk from the meeting point to the cooking school.
- Please inform us in advance of any special dietary requirements.