Price: Starting at $172.88 pp.
Availability: Daily at 9am*
Duration: 7 hours, 9am - 4pm
*This tour operates from 4/1/2018 to 10/31/2018 and from 12/22/2018 to 1/6/2019.
An intimate, authentic culinary experience with a famous Florentine Chef! Great for beginners and experienced cooks alike!
The day begins with a trip to a farmers' market in Florence to go shopping with the chefs, picking up the freshest ingredients for your class. Meet the butchers, the bakers, and the farmers selling vegetables from their gardens and learn how to distinguish the highest quality ingredients and taste local and typical products!
Then head to the cooking location in Chianti with the Chef to learn recipes and secrets that you will bring home to surprise your friends and family with a true Italian meal! Your menu may slightly vary depending on the season and the fresh ingredients available. Typically, the menu will be: bruschetta, a fresh home-made pasta from scratch (different kinds like tagliatelle and ravioli), sauces for the pasta, and a dessert.
The class will end with a delicious lunch that will prove your improved skills in the kitchen, accompanied by tastings of different wines and a final typical Tuscan dessert wine. And, last but not least, get your Graduation Certificate!
Please note that when the farmers' market is closed (on Sundays and bank holidays) a visit to farm in Chianti will be offered instead.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Farmers' market visit and food tasting (or visit to a farm in Chianti when the market is closed on Sundays and bank holidays)
- Round-trip transfer from Florence to the cooking school in Chianti
- Chef guided cooking lesson
- All ingredients for your lunch
- Lunch with wine tasting of 3 wines
- Graduation Certificate
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
- When the farmers' market is closed (on Sundays and bank holidays) a visit to a farm in Chianti will be offered instead.
- Group of max 12 people.