Price: Starting at $95.30 pp.
Availability: Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat at 9am and Sun at 1:30pm*
Duration: 3.5 hours, 9am - 12:30pm or 1:30pm - 5pm
*The AM tour operates Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat from 3/25/2018 to 10/27/2018 and from 4/1/2019 to 10/26/2019.
The AM tour operates only on Fridays and Saturdays from 10/28/2018 to 12/31/2018 and from 10/27/2019 to 12/31/2019.
The PM tour operates from 3/25/2018 to 12/31/2018 and from 4/1/2019 to 12/31/2019.
Learn about the history and culture of Venice on this walking tour, specially designed to give you an insight into the city, from picturesque piazzas to its most famous sights such as Rialto Bridge, Bridge of Sighs (from outside) and St. Mark’s Basilica. Plus, visit the famous terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica where you will enjoy beautiful views over the piazza and discover the history of Venice among the halls and corridors of the Doge’s Palace, the heart of one of the world’s oldest republics.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
Please note that on May 15 St. Mark Basilica will be closed due to Pentecost. An extended tour of the city will be given instead.
- English-speaking guide
- Skip the Line Access to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Skip the line Access and entrance ticket to the Doge’s Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends around 12:30pm or 5pm at the Doge's Palace.
- Please do not bring large bags, tripods, non-collapsible umbrellas, or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour; however, photography is prohibited in St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- St. Mark's Basilica is subject to closure without notice. When this occurs, an extended tour of St. Mark’s Square and an explanation of the basilica from outside will be offered.
- Please note that many sections of the Doge’s Palace are not air-conditioned.