Price: Starting at $155.66 pp.
Availability: Monday thru Saturday at 7:30am*
Duration: appx 13 hrs, 7:30am - 8:30pm
*This tour operates from 4/3/2018 to 11/18/2018.
This tour operates only on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 11/19/2018 to 12/31/2018.
This tour operates only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 3/4/2019 to 3/31/2019.
Your day begins with a drive from Rome to Montepulciano where you'll have a guided tour of the most important sights like the Duomo and Punch's Tower.
The next stop is Montalcino, famous for its red wine Brunello di Montalcino. Drive through the beautiful vineyards, take in the scenery, then stop at Sant'Antimo Abbey. Of course, you cannot leave Montalcino without a wine tasting. At a vineyard, you will enjoy a guided wine tasting and a typical 3 course lunch with local specialties, mostly prepared on site!
The last stop is in Pienza, a World Heritage Site conceived by Pope Pius II with its two Renaissance palaces and the beautiful Duomo. Take some time to walk around the town on your own.
Then head back to Rome.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Round-trip transportation
- Guided tour of Montepulciano
- Visit of Montalcino vineyards and entrance to St. Antimo Abbey
- 3 Course lunch & wine tasting
- Visit of Pienza (on your own)
- Tour assistant providing assistance and expert commentary throughout the day in English
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends around 8:30pm at Piazza del Popolo in Rome.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.