Price: Starting at $64.36 pp.
Availability: Sun, Tue, Thu & Sat*
Duration: 4 hours - actual tour is 2.5 hrs
*This tour operates from 4/1/2019 to 11/17/2019.
A must see for those who enjoy visiting Ancient Roman ruins and some experts are calling this site "The Better Pompeii" - Come see why! Ancient Ostia is reachable by local train from Rome and the buildings and sites are incredibly well preserved, better than favorites in the Roman Forum, Imperial Forum and Pompeii.
Highlights include, but are not limited to: Baths of Neptune, the main street Decumanus Maximus, Ostia's Amphitheater, Forum of the Corporations, the Collegiate Temple, the laundry shop and public baths.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- English-speaking guide
- Train ticket to and from Rome
- Ancient Ostia entrance ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This tour ends around 1:30pm at the Metro Stop “Piramide” in Rome.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Guests are free to remain in Ostia after the tour if they so choose but they will be unaccompanied. Return train tickets are provided to all customers. We recommend bringing beachwear along for clients interested in visiting the beach of Ostia unaccompanied after the tour.