Price: Starting at $91.66 pp.
Duration: 4.5 hrs, 6pm - 10:30pm
*This tour operates from 4/1/2019 to 10/30/2019.
Learn how to make authentic, Italian Pizza and Gelato in a Tuscan farmhouse!
After a 30-minute ride in a comfortable minivan, you will reach the beautiful setting of your cooking class. First, learn how to grow organic vegetables by exploring the school’s little garden with the chef and, if available, hand pick the vegetables and Tuscan herbs right from the plants. What you will pick will depend on the season.
Then, under the guidance of a professional pizza chef, called a Pizzaiolo, you will make your own pizza - stretch it, sauce it, bake it, slice it. The chef will teach you the key techniques in making a soft and flexible dough and the trick for a flavorful yet light tomato sauce so you can make this pizza at home! You will also learn to master the movement of the pizza peel and load your pizza straight into the oven in the blink of an eye (you’ll scoop it from table to paddle without even moving the toppings!).
While the pizza dough rests, you will watch a demonstration of home-made gelato preparation and hear about its origins.
At the end of the dinner, you'll enjoy a breathtaking view of Florence by night from the top of the Tuscan hills.
Meeting point will be at a central location. Details will be provided in final documents.
- Round-trip transfer from Florence to the cooking school in Chianti
- Pizza and Gelato lesson with a professional Chef
- All ingredients for pizza and gelato making
- Dinner with Wine Tasting (soft drinks for children)
- Graduation Certificate
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Vegetarians are more than welcome to this cooking class, as they will be able to cook vegetarian recipes.
- Please inform us in advance of any special dietary requirements and if you are vegetarian.
- Small group of max 16 people.